Saturday, May 9, 2009

Usborne Books & More for Children

I thought I’d only become acquainted with Usborne Books & More just a year ago. That was when Trish Wilson, my daughter, became an independent educational consultant for this U.K.-based children’s book publisher. What I didn’t realize at the time was that I’d actually bought an Usborne Book for my granddaughter while I was traveling in Scotland in 2006.

The book was Princess Stories and Maeve loved it! While Trish was reading it to her one day, Maeve pointed out that the little yellow duck hiding on each page was the same little yellow duck from her Goldilocks and the Three Bears book (also given to her by me). Maeve ran to her room, got the book, and sure enough, she was right. I have since found out that Stephen Cartwright puts the duck on every page of the books he illustrates.

When Trish discovered the Usborne Books business opportunity last year it clicked that her family already owned some of these wonderful books!

Today, Usborne Books are popular in this country because they are award-winning, wonderfully illustrated educational and entertaining books for children, from infants through high school. The line includes picture books, easy readers, classics, a wide range of reference books (which are internet-linked), and books for teens.

Though some Usborne Books may be found in traditional book stores, the majority are sold through home shows and school and library book fairs to parents, grandparents, and educators who want to see children develop a love of reading.

The entire Usborne Books catalogue may be seen at www.BestBooksForKids.net.

“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.” - Walt Disney




No comments:

Post a Comment